Countryside Bike Tour: Amsterdam
- Our tour takes you along the Amstel River beyond the edge of town and through the Dutch polder landscape with its rectilinear ditches and dikes. We pass by a cool community of houseboats and see how it has transformed from a hippie community to one that’s loved by the upper class.
- We’ll also show you one of the few remaining authentic windmills and visit an eccentric and entertaining Dutch farmer at his cheese farm/clog factory. The Riekermolen windmill is also famous because the famous painter Rembrandt loved to go here.
- At the farm, we will have a small break for lunch and the farmer will demonstrate the traditional art of making wooden shoes and famous Gouda cheese. Afterwards, you’ll be able to have a look around in their little gift shop and taste some free samples of authentic Dutch Gouda cheese.
- We will bike back to the city center, where we will go over Amsterdams most famous bike path under the Rijksmuseum.
- Go through the lovely, green Vondelpark
- Bike along the Amstel River
- See a classic windmill (The Riekermolen) from up close
- Meet Rembrandt next to the windmill
- Cross through the polder landscape that’s below sea level
- Visit a centuries-old cheese making and clog making farm
- Bike under the Rijksmuseum
THINGS TO KNOW:
What to wear:
- Dress accordingly. Wear proper shoes. A helmet can be given to you upon special request in the comment section when booking.
- The meetup point is shown in the next tab.
- 21 kilometers or 13 miles
- Must be at least 12 years old.
- A good level of fitness and biking skills is necessary
- Maximum group size is 14 people
- Minimum of 4 people for the tour to take place
- Full refund if notified 48 hours before the activity
Directions / Meetup Point
Danube Bend Hike
- Send us a message at any time on WhatsApp if you have any questions or concerns.
- WhatsApp: +43 677 6440 4859
- KakaoTalk: jgolds11
Write Review ×