Hot Air Balloon Rides Near Prague Czech Republic
Price / Courses:
Hot Air Balloon Rides In The Czech Republic
- Hot-air ballooning belongs to the most peaceful and romantic activities one could ever experience. Once airborne you'll be amazed by the silence and infinite space around you. The flight level ranges from the tree-tops all the way up to 5,000 feet above ground. Our flight area is famous for the Chateau Konopiste, located just about 40 minutes outside of Prague.
- From almost 1,000 meters up, enjoy views of the most attractive part of the country, Central Bohemia, all in the magical light of sunset or sunrise. Explore Chateau Konopiste, the last residence of Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria, from a birds' perspective, spot wild animals and wave at locals below.
- The service starts with a pick-up at your hotel or close by. The exact take off location depends on current weather conditions but they are all spectacular. Travel to the launch site and enjoy an hour of soft floating.
- The pilot will guide you through the landscapes and answer all the questions you may have and take as many pictures of you as possible. In accordance with the history, every balloon flight must be celebrated with champagne and light refreshments. After a toast, you will receive the aeronaut’s certificate. After the flight, you will be transported back to your hotel.
Hot Air Balloon Flights
Schedule / Timing:
- Guests can book either a sunrise or sunset flight. The exact meetup timing will be chosen by us (based on the weather conditions).
- Your flight status is updated according to this schedule:
• 14:00 o’clock on the day of your sunset flight, or
• 22:00 o’clock on the day before your sunrise flight.
- With the flight status update, you will also receive the exact pickup time at your hotel. This is dependant on pickups of our other passengers and on the final take-off time, which is decided by your pilot during his flight planning.
- Travel time from Prague to the flying area is roughly 40-60 minutes. Flight time is around one hour depending on the weather conditons. Please allow 3-4 hours for the entire experience.
- Once you arrive, you are welcome to bite on prepared snacks while the balloon is being inflated and prepared (20 minutes), have water, or sip on a cold beer / coffee. At this time, your pilot gives you instructions for boarding, the flight itself, and landing. He also checks on your current overall condition to make sure everyone is ready for the flight. He has the responsibility over you.
- After the briefing by your pilot, our team starts the balloon inflation process. It takes around 10 minutes to stand the balloon up. You are welcome to watch, take pictures and enjoy thee scenery.
- Once the balloons are up, you will be invited to jump on board.
- In the sky we go! The pilot ignites the burners and lifts the balloon off the ground. Hot-air ballooning belongs to the most peaceful and romantic activities one could ever experience. Once airborne you'll be amazed by the silence and infinite space around you. The flight level ranges from the tree-tops all the way up to 5 000 feet above ground. Spot wild animals, wave at locals and take millions of pictures!
- After about 1 hour the pilot searches for the best place to land. You will be instructed to get into a "landing position" and to await further instructions.
- The landing is usually soft as if you landed into a blanket. However, it also very much depends on the wind speed. If the wind is stronger, you might experience a little bump, or in rare cases, a short drag-landing. All of the landings are safe, the more wind we have the more fun our passengers actually have at the landing. So no worries!
- At the end, your pilot will pull out a bottle of wine, glasses and aviators' certificates. He is also going to tell you a bit about the history of ballooning and why we do toast. Then we will bring you back to your hotel. We will also send you some of the photos your pilot took.
THINGS TO KNOW:
Is it crowded:
- Not really. In 2022 we were only operating our small passenger balloon for 4 passengers in total (for 5 if 3 kids are flying).
The basket inside is equipped with handles to hold onto during the landing.
- The temperature in the air is about the same as it is on the ground. It may get cooler before a sunrise flight or after we land at sunset flight. You should wear: Solid shoes (no slippers or high-heels please), long pants, light jacket or sweatshirt. If you are sensitive, consider wearing a hat/cap/scarf to protect yourself from the heat of the burners.
- Ballooning is an outdoor activity. Each passenger must be in a good physical condition to participate. You must be able to climb in and out of the basket, or walk out of a field after landing. If you've had any recent surgeries or are concerned, feel free to consult with us.
- There is no age limit.
- Children must be 100 cm tall (3,3 foot), and accompanied by an adult.
- Full refund if notified 5 days before the scheduled activity.
- 50 percent charge on the total price if notified 24 hours to 4 days in advance.
- Charged in full if notified less than 24 hours in advance.
- Full refund if cancelled due to weather.
Directions / Meetup Point
The Konopiste Castle
- Send us a message at any time on WhatsApp if you have any questions or concerns.
- WhatsApp: +82 10 9853 8153 or +43 677 6440 4859
- KakaoTalk: jgolds11
Write Review ×