Zhuilu Old Trail Hike
- If you really wish to see the majesty of Taiwan, Taroko Park is where you’ll find it. Hiking the Zhuilu Old Trail combines Taiwan’s storied history with its incomparable natural beauty. The hike is 3.1 kilometers long and reaches elevations of 500-600 meters. The Old Zhuilu Road was an important connection between ancient Truku villages. Originally it was only 30cm wide, barely enough for two feet side by side. In 1917, the Japanese conscripted local indigenous men to expand the trail width to 1.5m. Throughout you will be surrounded by Taiwan’s famous emerald mountains populated with Taiwanese flora and fauna. Look down and you will see the mighty Liwu River, slowly carving its way through Mt. Sanjiaozhui creating the steep, imposing Fuji cliffs.
Itinerary / THINGS TO KNOW:
- Free Hualien City area pick up, Full gear and safety equipment, Lunch and snacks, travel insurance, and a tour guide
- 5-8 Hours
- Please list the address of where you will be staying so we know where to pick you up in Hualien.
- English and Chinese
- Photo ID, regular hiking shoes and clothes, small backpack, raincoat, umbrella, sunscreen, hat, small towel, snacks, long sleeve clothing, and water.
- Due to the unique characteristics of the Old Zhuilu Road, entrance is limited to 96 persons on weekdays and 156 persons on weekends and holidays. Visitors are required to apply for a park entry permit and a mountain entry permit. If a typhoon or other natural disaster occurs, the trail will be closed and permits for the closed period will be automatically invalidated. Please apply for a new permit once the trail is reopened.
- The application for admission to the Zhuilu Old Trail is due one month before departure, the application process takes about one week. If the application unsuccessful, you will be notified a week before departure.
- Entrance is limited to 96 persons on weekdays and 156 persons on weekends and holidays. If the reservation has been completed but the quota is full, we will provide a full refund!
- If it is cancelled due to safety concerns, you will be notified within 24 hours before departure and receive a refund after deducted insurance fee and administration fee.
- 8:00-9:00: Pickup and transfer to Taroko visitor center
- 9:00-10:15: Taroko visitor center to Zhuilu suspension bridge
- 10:15-11:15: Hiking from Zhuilu suspension bridge to Badagang Police Station Relics
- 11:15-12:15: Relax at the Zhuilu cliff edge
- 12:15-3:00: Return to the trailhead
- 3:00-4:00: Return transfer to Hualien City
- Suitable for every age.
- Parental company required for children between 6 to 12 years old
- For your safety, please ensure that you’re in good physical health. This activity is not suitable for participants with prevailing heart conditions, chronic illnesses, cardiovascular diseases, asthma, epilepsy and pregnancy. Please do not register.
- Activity may be altered due to participants/ equipment situations and weather conditions, to deliver a safe and satisfying experience to all participants.
- Do not venture off to difficult terrains without guidance to prevent any accidents.
- If there is a bad weather during the expedition, please follow the instructions of the coach and leader.
- Always stay together as a team and assist others, do not venture off on your own.
- For unforeseen factors such as typhoons, earthquakes or downpours, we reserve the right to defer or cancel a scheduled tour.
- Changes due to unforeseen factors will be notified via phone calls.
- Cancel 8 days prior: Full Refund
- Cancel 3 – 7 days prior: 80 percent refund
- Cancel 2 days prior: 50% refund
- Cancel 1 day prior or on the day: No Refund
- Cancellation due to unforeseen factors initiated by the company: Full Refund
- Your booking can be changed 6 days prior to departure (excluding departure date). However, a change can be made only once and is limited to activities from the same organizer.
- If there is subsequent price differences, you will be refunded or requested for payment.
- Cancellation is not accepted for rescheduled bookings.
- No changes accepted on the day of activity.
- Send us a message at any time on WhatsApp if you have any questions or concerns.
- WhatsApp: +82 10 9853 8153
- KakaoTalk: jgolds11
Write Review ×