Surfing in Thailand: Phuket
Options: (Prices shown below
- 1 Day (1hr 30 min): $45
- 1 Day (3 hrs): $85
- 2 Days (3hrs): $85
- 2 Days (6hrs): $135
- 1 week (11hrs): $240
- 1 week (22hrs): $450
- Age is not a limit for us. If you want to learn, we are willing to teach you the basic techniques of surfing thanks to our surfing lessons Phuket. Be ready to pop up on your surfboard on your first lesson in which after you would be able to rent a surfboard and enjoy the waves on your own !
- Kata Beach is the place where the majority of surf classes in Phuket take place because the sandy beach waves are accessible to beginners, and works well for the most experienced surfers. For your first surf classes in Phuket, there is no such thing as a friendly atmosphere and a paradisiac context !
- We provide surfboards according to your needs and measurements. Rash guards are optional as the temperature of the water is around 29 degrees all year long.
- Beginners will learn how to take waves and stand up on the board during their first surfing lesson in Phuket while the more advanced students can improve on their technique. Our surf instructors come from all over the world such as France, New Zealand, Russia, Scotland and of course Thailand. You do not have to worry about any language barriers. The instructors are very experienced, qualified, CPR and First Aid Certified. They are all equipped with knowledge about the ocean, current and wave dynamics.
- Once your surfing lessons are scheduled, we will meet each other at the shop. You will be asked to organize by yourself your means of transportation to reach this place. On the other hand, we will be in charge of taking your surfboard to Kata Beach. Then, you will be in our instructor’s hands. During your surfing lessons Phuket, the instructor will assure the success of your lesson, according to your own capabilities. The instructor will teach you the basis of the discipline. You will be able to stand on your board since the first lesson.
- Before going into the water, our instructor will proceed to a briefing to explain the basis of the surf. You will then determine which foot will support the most your balance once on your board (right or left – we speak about goofy or regular surfer). After that, you will try to stand on the board on the beach.
- The aim will be to make you feel confident with your board. You will be able to picture the size of your board and find balance before practicing into the sea. Once in the water, the instructor will help you finding your balance on the board. All along your lesson, the instructor will explain how to position yourself on the board. He will push you into waves so that you will be able to enjoy your first waves. After your first lesson, you will be able to enjoy your first waves by yourself.
- At the end of your course, nothing could be more simple as we deal with the surfboard. You just have to relax yourself and enjoy the Andaman Sea’s delights!
- If you are interested in developing even more surfing skills, you can also join our SurfCamp to practice surfing for 3, 5, or 10 days.
Private rooms: Private rooms can be rented during your courses in order to make things easier. The guest house is 50 meters from the shop and 100 meters from the beach. The room price is 900 baht a night. This can be booked after confirming your surf camp reservation
- We adapt readily to the weather, the waves and of course your needs and physical conditions. Such as you would be able to maximize your potential and unleash that surfer in you! Therefore, we have different types of boards to cater to the different levels of our students. Also during our Surf Camp, for sure you'll have the opportunity to try different boards.
- There would be 3 hours of surf course each day. So It would be divided into 2 sessions of one and a half hours each in the morning and afternoon. An experienced instructor would be there to guide you during the lesson.
- Even if Thailand is not the most famous destination known for a surf trip or as “Phuket surf”. Phuket island, particularly the west coast, has an orientation which allows us to benefit from a swell coming from the west. The region of Phuket is protected by the swell coming from the Indian Ocean, from Sumatra island (to the south of Malaysia) by the sea of Andaman which surrounds it and by the archipelago of Nicobar islands, in the east of the Indian Ocean. A swell coming mainly from the North of Sumatra islands allows the birth of waves at the level of Phuket. Therefore, these waves are very frequent from May until October, even sometimes in November, which is the "dry season” in Thailand at this moment, and so it’s absolutely possible to go surfing in Phuket during this period.
- The swell arrives thanks to winds stemming from the monsoon which can produce waves being able to go to 2 meters. These waves can be ideal to begin the surf in Phuket, as well as for the most experimented, who are going to have the choice for the surf spot.
- We would provide you the surfboard suited to you for maximum comfort all day long.
- After a good surf session, have a good night’s rest in tranquility away from all the hustle and bustle. The accommodation is nestled in one of the top spots in Phuket where you would be able to enjoy the panoramic view in Kata.
- Put your skills to practice and rent a surfboard in Phuket. For experienced surfers, you would have access to fiberglass boards or in epoxy, shortboards, long boards and the Malibus! The standard dimensions of the competition boards are: size 5,8 for short boards, and 9,6 for longboards. If you want to rent a surfboard, it is important to know some basics first. We would advice you to take up one lesson to understand the some basic rules and to learn basic techniques. You would be able to rent a surfboard and go surfing solo.
- Half Day: $16
- 1 Day: $25
- 1 Week: $122
Address: SSS Phuket 40/14 Kata Road Road, Kata
- Send us a message at any time on WhatsApp if you have any questions or concerns.
- WhatsApp: +82 10 7936 8153
- KakaoTalk: jgolds11
Write Review ×