Abseil and Hiking in Cape Town
- Begin with a 2-3 hour hike, and conclude with abseiling. Descriptions for the hike and abseil can be seen below.
- Enjoy a SPECTACULAR guided walk up Platteklip Gorge. Experience breath taking views of the Mother City, Lions Head and the Atlantic Seaboard.
- The Platteklip Gorge is about 3 km and is the most direct route to the top of the mountain. This route is steep with large rocks(similar to stairs). The route is steep but not too technical.
- Hike takes approximately 2-3 hours and finishes with doing the Table Mountain Abseil.
- Cape Town lies in the Fynbos biome and forms part of the Cape Floral Kingdom. There are 6 floral kingdoms globaly and the Cape Floral Kingdom is the smallest and the most diverse per unit of area.
- The diversity of fynbos plants is extremely high, with over 9000 species of plants occurring in the biome of which 6200 are endemic, i.e. growing nowhere else in the world.
- Table Mountain supports 2200 species, more than the entire United Kingdom. Although the Fynbos only comprises 6% of the area of southern Africa, it has half the total number of plant species on the subcontinent – and has almost 1 in 5 of all African plant species so far described.
- Step off the top, at 1,000 meters above sea level, and Abseil into pure vertical space.
This is the world’s original highest commercial abseil. You are surrounded by awesome views with Robben Island, Lions Head, The Twelve Apostles and Camps Bay as the back drop and the deep blue Atlantic at your feet.
You can book any day weather permitting between 9:30 am and 3:30 pm. Overall experience will take about an hour.
Included in that time frame is the safety demonstration, harnessing up, doing the abseil and a 30 minute hike to get back on top of the mountain.
- Hike 2-3 hours
- Signing and Harnessing up
- A Safety briefing
- Accessing the Abseiling site
- Doing the Abseil
- A pleasant hike back to the to the top
- **No experience is needed, the guides show you the ropes and talk you through the whole process
THINGS TO KNOW:
What to wear:
- Wear typical hiking clothes. Be sure to wear closed-toe-shoes or hiking shoes. Bring water, snacks, sunblock, and money for the cable-car back down the mountain.
- 3-4 Hours
- The meetup point is shown in the next tab.
- English and Afrikaans
- Maximum weight is 120 kg.
- There are no age or height restrictions
- Minimum Age: 10 years
- Fitness Level: Average
- Certification: None Required
- Experience Level: No Experience Required
Directions / Meetup Point
Meetup Point: Top of Table Mountain
Table Mountain Aerial Cableway
Tafelberg Rd, Gardens, Cape Town, 8001
- Send us a message at any time on WhatsApp if you have any questions or concerns.
- WhatsApp: +82 10 7936 8153
- KakaoTalk: jgolds11
Write Review ×