Canyoning Adventure in Cape Town
Itinerary – a guideline:
- Experience a full day of adventure with a 65 metre waterfall abseil, canyoning (also known as kloofing) with jumps from 3 to 22 metres high and a beautiful hike.
The day is spent in the Kogelberg biosphere reserve which is characterized by exciting adventures, beautiful scenery, towering cliffs and rock pools. Starting with a pleasant drive to Pitstop Lodge and a hearty breakfast on arrival. After a safety briefing you enter into the Steenbras River Gorge and start the 45 minute hike through beautiful fynbos to the first cliff jumping pools. Guests spend an hour doing the various jumps, then head off on the second hike taking you to the top of the gorge to conquer the 65 meter waterfall abseil. After the abseil the group breaks for lunch on the banks of the river. The hike back to the pools take about 30 minutes. Guests are then able to take on the exhilarating jumps once more before making their way back to Pitstop Lodge for a Light Dinner and a sundowner. We then depart for Cape Town.
This exhilarating canyoning trip is ideal for novice to seasoned adrenaline junkies and offers striking views.
- Return transport from our offices in Cape Town
- A light breakfast
- Packed lunch
- Light dinner with a sundowner
- A guided hike with qualified guides
- Cliff jumping : 3 – 22 meter high jumps
- A 65 meter waterfall abseil
Itinerary – a guideline:
- Depart from Cape Town (approx 15 minutes after arrival)
- Arrival at Pitstop Lodge for a delicious breakfast (Drive takes 1 hour)
- Enter the Gorge for a +/- 30 minute walk/hike to the first cliff jumping pool
- Lunch in the pools above the waterfall.
- Abseil down Thunder Falls. (65 metres).
- Hike out of the gorge.
- Arrive back at Pitstop Lodge for Sundowners
- Departure from Pitstop Lodge to Cape Town (Between 3:30pm and 5:00pm- Depending on season and size of group)
- Arrival in Cape Town (4:00pm – 6:00pm -Depending on season and size of group)
THINGS TO KNOW:
What to wear:
- Wear a hat, swimsuit, and comfortable shoes (they will get wet). In the winter, a wet-suit is provided. Bring sunblock, a towel, and a change of clothes.
- All day
- The meetup point is shown in the next tab.
- English and Afrikaans
- Maximum weight is 120 kg.
- There are no age or height restrictions
- Minimum Age: 10 years
- Fitness Level: Average
- Certification: None Required
- Experience Level: No Experience Required
Directions / Meetup Point
Meetup Point: Abseil Office
297 Long street Cape Town
- Send us a message at any time on WhatsApp if you have any questions or concerns.
- WhatsApp: +82 10 9853 8153
- KakaoTalk: jgolds11
Write Review ×