Canyoning Cape Town South Africa
- Experience a full day of adventure with a 65 meter waterfall abseil, canyoning (also known as kloofing) with jumps from 3 to 22 meters high and a beautiful hike. The day is spent in the Kogelberg biosphere reserve which is characterised by exciting adventures, beautiful scenery, towering cliffs and rock pools. Your all day Adventure starts at 8am at the Pitstop Lodge with a hearty breakfast on arrival. After a safety briefing you enter into the Steenbras River Gorge and start the 45 minute hike through beautiful fynbos to the first cliff jumping pools. Guests spend an hour doing the various jumps, then head off on the second hike taking you to the top of the gorge to conquer the 65 meter waterfall abseil. The hike back to the pools take about 30 minutes. Guests are then able to take on the exhilarating jumps once more before making their way back to Pitstop Lodge for a Light Dinner and a cold beer.
- A hearty breakfast
- A Refreshing beer when you return to Pitstop
- A guided hike with qualified guides
- Cliff jumping : 3 – 22 meter high jumps
- A 65 meter waterfall abseil
- Arrival times vary with numbers & fitness of groups
- -Arrival at Pitstop Lodge for a delicious breakfast
- Enter the Gorge for a +/- 30 minute walk/hike to the first cliff jumping pool
- The next +/- 30 minute walk takes you to the top of Thunder Falls.
- Abseil down Thunder Falls. (65 metres).
- Hike out of the gorge.
- Arrive back at Pitstop Lodge for a refreshing beer (welcome to order a meal at your own cost, see menu link on website)
THINGS TO KNOW:
What to wear:
- Hat, swimsuit, comfortable shoes (they will get wet). In the winter you might want to consider a wet suit as the water will be cold.
- Hat Sunblock 2 Liters of water Swimming Costume Small Rucksack to carry harness (in winter your wet suit too) Towel Warm windbreaker Comfortable walking shoes (your shoes will get wet) A change of clothes
- All day trip
- The meetup point is shown in the next tab.
- English and Afrikaans
- Maximum weight is 120 kg.
- There are no age or height restrictions
- Minimum Age: 10 years
- Fitness Level: Average
- Certification: None Required
- Experience Level: No Experience Required
- Cancellation within 48 hours of the confirmed activity date, a 25% administration fee will apply.
- Cancellation within 24 hours of the confirmed activity date, a 50% administration fee will apply
- Full refund if cancelled due to weather.
Directions / Meetup Point
- Send us a message at any time on WhatsApp if you have any questions or concerns.
- WhatsApp: +82 10 7936 8153 or +43 677 6440 4859
- KakaoTalk: jgolds11
Write Review ×