Hiking in Cape Town
- Sign up for a SPECTACULAR guided walk up Platteklip Gorge. Experience breath taking views of the Mother City, Lions Head and the Atlantic Seaboard.
- Hike takes approximately 2-3 hours and finishes with the option of doing the Table Mountain Abseil.
- The Platteklip Gorge is about 3 km and is the most direct route to the top of the mountain. This route is steep with large rocks(similar to stairs). The route is steep but not too technical.
- Cape Town lies in the Fynbos biome and forms part of the Cape Floral Kingdom. There are 6 floral kingdoms globaly and the Cape Floral Kingdom is the smallest and the most diverse per unit of area.
- The diversity of fynbos plants is extremely high, with over 9000 species of plants occurring in the biome of which 6200 are endemic, i.e. growing nowhere else in the world.
- Table Mountain supports 2200 species, more than the entire United Kingdom. Although the Fynbos only comprises 6% of the area of southern Africa, it has half the total number of plant species on the subcontinent – and has almost 1 in 5 of all African plant species so far described.
THINGS TO KNOW:
What to wear:
- Wear typical hiking clothes. Be sure to wear closed-toe-shoes or hiking shoes. Bring water, snacks, sunblock, and money for the cable-car back down the mountain.
- 2-3 Hours
- The meetup point is shown in the next tab.
- English and Afrikaans
- Maximum weight is 120 kg.
- There are no age or height restrictions
- Minimum Age: 10 years
- Fitness Level: Average
- Certification: None Required
- Experience Level: No Experience Required
Directions / Meetup Point
Meetup Point: Table Mountain Aerial Cableway
Table Mountain Aerial Cableway
Tafelberg Rd, Gardens, Cape Town, 8001
- Send us a message at any time on WhatsApp if you have any questions or concerns.
- WhatsApp: +82 10 9853 8153
- KakaoTalk: jgolds11
Write Review ×